Thursday, May 11, 2006

To my daughter

i wrote this today. after you read it once,then read it again, but read the first line in each stanza all the way down, and then the second line in each ..third etc..

To my Daughter:

why do you cry little one?
your eyes leak sorrow
can i hold you?
can i rock you to sleep?
little one?

i know why you cry
i know why
can i still hold you?
and take you burdens?
little one?

i see you suffer
take comfort in me knowing
please can i hold you?
for my yoke it light,
little one

i forgive you
i love you
can i hold you now?
and can i protect you
please little one?

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam O said...

Oh Karen... wow! That was beautiful!!!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

ohhhh I like that. It is very nice.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

You sent this to me last night.. but I'll say it here too..

I can hear Him through the words.. its amazing! Oh my gosh Karen..

God Bless you girl!

3:58 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

i loooooove....

as soon as i get a free moment to actually log into my blogger account and do some stuff, i have to add you as a link!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Marie-Hélène said...

KB that's beautiful. I felt like I just got a little glimpse of an intimate moment between you and your Father.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home