Friday, September 08, 2006

wednesday night dream


i was surrounded by hundreds of orphane children, just longing for someone to love them. i had just witnessed a mother of 5 beautiful children die before my very eyes. holding the twins in my arms, my good friend courtney was beside me holding another baby and hugging a young child with her free arm. we sat in silence breaking out into random praying and cries to Jesus. my heart broke as sat holding these kids who had nothing in my arms.the one person that loved them was now dead. questions raced through my head.then as usual i woke up crying. looked at the clock it was 3:34 am... i couldn't go back to sleep. i sat awake sobbing and praying. wondering if this was something that was going to take place or just another one of those very real dreams. my heart yearns to be elsewhere.



im in a weird place. there are a lot of things i need to figure out. and a lot of things i feel im never going to understand. im going through some intense times. prayers are very welcomed and needed. thanks. -KB

11 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

i think we'll go to africa together someday. this is in you. it may not happen just like in your dream...but it's only a taste of what's to come. of the things you'll witness. of the hearts you'll see made whole. of ashes made to beauty. this is grafted into your very dna...this is in your heart...and i'm glad i've had the privilege to get see your heart a little bit :) i love you friend!

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

karen, we both know where your heart lies. in serving God. and he knows the desires of your heart. Africa will be your home someday. you are called to it, jsut be patient, focus on what god wants for you right at this moment! i love you so much and i miss you desperately... come see me soon.

7:39 PM  
Blogger alyson.lw said...

Oh karen, lol remeber what I told you about Africa:| haha jk, lunch was fun, we shall do it again soon! Rate dp'ed were not in any classes together tho, I have no competition & no reason to try harder lol, so if I fail, its on you:P ha anywho all c ya in school and good luck with this whole Africa thing.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...I need to hook up with you so we can hang out at St. Macs! Can't wait!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Becky* said...

Karen, I miss you so much!! I'm praying for you

3:50 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Wow....incredible dream. Chuck's word/your dream....quite similar. You are awesome Karen.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Yes we should.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

love you. That's all I can say right now.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Marie-Hélène said...

Kabe, haven't you dreamt something like this before? Start checking out the possibilities my friend :)
email me!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen - thanks for sharing your dream. The Lord is going to continue to let you know just when, and just how. The steps of the righteous are directed by Him, and you can trust Him : ) You're a star Karen, and I'm glad you're my friend.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry pal - I didn't mean to be so "anonymous". He he... That last comment was from me - Chuckles.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home