Friday, June 23, 2006

We can’t understand life, because Life was not created to be understood.

like a rose, we will pale
each pedal will eventually feel the same
will we be judged on how long we last
or by our unique scent?
who is to be our judge
on what basis are we convicted
failing to live up to our colors
the colors that define us?
The colors we had no choice in
Or is it the scent?
That we can not change
Strong and beautiful
depending on the judge
but what judge matters?
we are each so different, yet the same
longing for a better life
but created for one purpose
the universal purpose

will you not let me fade
or even shine?
stop judging
take me out of this vase
don’t compare me
i am who i am
i am beautiful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hodge said...

Oh karen
You do shine! keep it up and don't ever let any one ever change the way you feel!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen, awesome poem. You are amazing! I am going to miss you soo much this summer. I am so proud of you, you are going to work so hard at camp I know, you are going to do an amazing job!! Call me anytime, I am always here! Can;t wait for our two weeks together! I love you and am constantly praying for you! Keep shining, the campers and all the staff are going to see that light and love you just as much as I do! Be strong and be you! Love you!

mal

8:36 PM  
Blogger Marie-Hélène said...

Hey KB
I love the way you express what is inside you. Keep it flowing and don't hold back. God loves it when we express what He's doing in our hearts. :)
It's a beautiful poem.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home