Friday, October 20, 2006

to explain to you what is going on inside of me wouldn't do it justice. Jesus is so good. i have said it before, and i will say it again. Jesus is transforming my being. im not saying its easy. its really hard..and a lot of things are going on. but its so good.

i didn't go to school today. instead i went down to market square and chilled out and read some word. i was having a "rougher day" as Erin S and i like to call them..and decided that i would change that by dedicating this day to Jesus. so i got a coffee and went up the my "usse" spot in market square. i sat and started reading the bible. i prayed that today God would give me more boldness, and an oppertunity to share my faith.As faithful as God is he did. I was about to get up and call Jen fry..when a man in a wheelchair came up beside me and randomly asked me what i was reading. i have seen this man around town all the time and always give a smile as we pass by eachother. i answered with a quick "the bible". God had answered my prayers and now i was holding back from what i had just prayed for. we exchanged a few more words, and he was on his way. i couldnt help but think about this man all day. i had a chance to change this mans life..introduce Jesus if he didnt already know him.

after Jen and i had a sweet day together just hanging out..i was off to work.as most of you know i work in the market where a lot of the same people walk through everyday, this is where i had reconized the man in the wheelchair from. it was around 6:00 and i was just praying in my head that God would just give me another chance. seriosuly, as i prayed this he drove up the center ilse in his wheelchair! without telling my co-worker where i was going i ran after him. i introduced myself just in case he had forgotten and then i asked to pray for him. all the time my heat beating so fast i could hear it! im sure i will see this man around again sometime. and each time im going to make an effort to say more the hello to him. Good ol' Jesus faithful as ever. just a lil story..in how God is helping me become more bold:)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Oh Karen! Praise Jesus! haha, You are so amazing, man. Yes Jesus! I am so glad that you got to pray with this man! Yes! :)

7:40 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

the old rougher...ya know the usse.. Bless you the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit... Amen

10:18 PM  
Blogger alyson.lw said...

Hey karen. Haven't seen ya ina while. Well actuly no thats a lie I saw you at Marie-Helenes on saterday lol. Anyways, besides the point, prit sure were missin CF this week due to, NO SCHOOL!(woot) but that sucks fer no CF. Anywho, thats a cool lil story ya got there. I wouldn't ever have anough courage to run after a man in a wheelchair I didn't know, let alone ask to pray for him. So thats pretty awesome! Good to hear man. And hey, You shoulda hit up st.rose sunday night to that youth mass/life-teen! Your sister was there. It was awesome! Found my self some church and another youth group type deal to go too. Woot, church and 2 youth groups a week, gotta love it lol. Anyways, im out! peace<3

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise Jesus Karen. "May God Himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole body, soul, and spirit be kept blameless at the coming of our lord Jesus Christ."
1st Thessalonians 5:23

9:21 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

cafe tonight. Me + You = chatsies and dance parties.

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen- that is awesome. I am proud of you man. I don't know what is more cool- the fact that you went up and prayed for that man or the fact that you realized that you could have shared more and then prayed for a second opportunity. Our God is indeed with a capital F Faithful. We should go out evangelizing one day.
-Jonathan

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home